Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Vampire Thought - Coffin  (Read 1117 times)

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random Vampire Thought - Coffin
« on: November 05, 2012, 03:49:47 pm »

Uh, haven't tried this, and don't expect it to work, but what if you give your vampire a coffin... will it reform?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Random Vampire Thought - Coffin
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:56:30 pm »

Nope. Dead dwarves are dead dwarves, regardless of if they be vampires or werebeasts or necromancers.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 03:57:23 pm »

Nope! There're a reason it's a curse from deities, it sticks around. Same for werecreatures :D

Put your vampire in a box with a few year's worth of clothings and a chair and table to bookkeep!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 05:10:34 pm »

Nope! There're a reason it's a curse from deities, it sticks around. Same for werecreatures :D
Though something of interest is that were-creatures that were slain in beast form transform into their own humanoid selves when the moon ends. Still dead though, but pretty cool.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 05:40:19 pm »

Though something of interest is that were-creatures that were slain in beast form transform into their own humanoid selves when the moon ends. Still dead though, but pretty cool.
A little sad too.

So yes, Coffins will only bore the hell out the vampires, they will just lie there forever, waiting for someone to let them out. Not that you can put them in there.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »

A little sad too.

So yes, Coffins will only bore the hell out the vampires, they will just lie there forever, waiting for someone to let them out. Not that you can put them in there.
I dunno, I'd imagine they'd be pretty happy with coffins, it's something shinier than the floor, and if it's a tomb, extra storage space for cloaks and socks :D

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 06:18:44 pm »

They might admire the coffin if it has a high quality level, but that would be more of a Dwarf thing than a Vampire one.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.