Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: All Civilisations playable in df 2012?  (Read 550 times)

Porcelain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All Civilisations playable in df 2012?
« on: November 05, 2012, 04:52:35 am »

I'm having a bit of trouble finding civilisation mods for df 2012. Can someone link me some good civilisation mods? It would be grand to play as humans, elves or even kobalds and goblins

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: All Civilisations playable in df 2012?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 12:26:39 pm »

Just a few steps and you can play as any civilization you want. Of course the majority of them will need a little further work to reach the state where your fortresses can do everything you want to (for example kobolds are too small to wield picks IIRC), but the basic steps are this:

1)Open up the entity_default.txt
2)Add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to all the other entities except for the dwarven one since it already has it.
3)On the embark menu hit tab to find the civilizations list. The civilization that you choose determines what race you will play as.
4)Have !!FUN!! as you discover further things that need to be added in order for your fortresses to survive.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
Re: All Civilisations playable in df 2012?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 06:29:27 pm »

For a start, search for Kobold Camp.

If you don't want to do any actual work, I'd suggest finding mods that have a particular flavour of human and elf, like the TES mod or the WH mod and just porting your preferred civs in place of the vanilla humans and elves.