Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: some questions i have about raw editing  (Read 565 times)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
some questions i have about raw editing
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:31:21 am »

hey guys i have been modding a bit and doing full advanced world gens so i can have multiple types to enter my world. my main question is...
is there a way to change troglodytes to be tamed or trained? i have plenty entering my cave system and wouldnt mind making some war trogs, also i was wondering if this same method could be done for any animal. and also any ideas from people or some chat about your modding experiences would be cool too

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: some questions i have about raw editing
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:34:14 am »

Add [TRAINABLE] to anything.

Then add [PET] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to make them available at embark.

Then give them a [PETVALUE:some number] to give them a price.

Then move this thread over to the section we have just for modding.
My wooden badge was delicious.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:37:04 am »

how do i move it?

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:05:05 am »

ok another question i have... is there a way to add edible eggs? i modded the cave spiders to lay eggs, buuut. i can buy them in embark and also in the trading with my home country, however they just sit around in the depo with no option to cook

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 01:36:44 pm »

Put [EDIBLE_COOKED] on the material the egg shell is made out of, that's the one that determines whether or not an egg is edible.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 05:35:32 pm »

ok i am having trouble with the trainable tag for trogs, and also i have a new question, where in the raws would i find the ability to have any wild animal wander into my current map? currently the only things that wander in are the occasional gobby ambush or giant crabs and some barn owl people, saw a giant nautilus once but it left the map. the world is very quiet even though i am in a terrifying that rains bitter goo which makes my dwarves vomit

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 06:03:03 pm »

The creatures that wander in your embark are reliant on the creatures that show up in your region, so the only real way to do it would be to add BIOME:ALL_MAIN and UBIQUITOUS to every wild creature and then gen a new world.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 06:52:04 pm »

Put [EDIBLE_COOKED] on the material the egg shell is made out of, that's the one that determines whether or not an egg is edible.
Adding [EDIBLE_COOKED] will work on any of the materials - furthermore, if you add [EDIBLE_RAW] on any of the materials, then the egg should become edible raw (though I'm not sure whether your dwarves will actually try to eat them).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.