Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I hacked Ironhand into .34.11. It went... okay.  (Read 561 times)

roothorick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
So I hacked Ironhand into .34.11. It went... okay.
« on: November 03, 2012, 11:28:17 am »

After hours of sed'ing and diff'ing and patch'ing and keyboard-throwing I ultimately wound up with this:

The biggest issue I ran into is there's been attributes added to a whole bunch of stuff in inorganic_* which utterly raped the patch offsets. I couldn't get a diff to apply cleanly for the life of me, and I don't have the patience to go through and manually change some 200 lines in a 1300 line file.

I can't decide if I want to fix the few remaining issues or just keep using it as-is. Or maybe go with a smaller graphic set -- even with a 1680x1050 monitor, it feels rather big. Or maybe I'm just used to itty bitty graphics on big scary monitor. Hmm.

It's got me thinking -- shouldn't there be a "standard modified raws", so tileset authors could make their tilesets against those raws, and then we just have to port one set of raws to each new version to make ALL of those tilesets work? Or maybe a shell script to automatically search-and-replace tile and color data. Hell, both!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: So I hacked Ironhand into .34.11. It went... okay.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 12:12:59 pm »

Sorry to ask, but why didnt you just use this one ? http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6307

Ironhand is already updated for 34.11
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

roothorick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: So I hacked Ironhand into .34.11. It went... okay.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 03:45:51 pm »

Sorry to ask, but why didnt you just use this one ? http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6307

Ironhand is already updated for 34.11

Well what the hell.

I'm gonna go update the wiki.