Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help with swamp civs  (Read 1312 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Help with swamp civs
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 04:46:27 pm »

i think (but migth be wrong) carnivors don't eat as the time being so they survive world gens.
This was encouraged, but never hard coded. Hunting now happens in worldgen, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mangulwort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 05:25:19 pm »

I did sort of copy from elves as they were the one that were killing them the most. Kind of silly in hindsight as now dwarfs and humans hate them. They are not meat eaters but omnivores. Is the problem just that its hard to get food in swamps? There must be a mod out there with a successful swamp civ.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 05:39:15 pm »

Maybe the problem is that there's not enough swamps? Use advanced worldgen to make a swampier world and see what happens.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mangulwort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 08:54:25 pm »

They just create one town and a few hamlets. Its driving me mad  >:(  Please,can some one post another swamp civilization? They now dont get killed but they just never expand! Even in a world that IS a big swamp.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:06:52 am by mangulwort »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 05:58:54 pm »

Just try adding a few more allowed biomes.

mangulwort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 08:41:33 pm »

Seems simple enough. However what kind of non lake or non wetland Biome would fish people live in?

mangulwort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 08:14:33 pm »

I must sound REALLY whiny asking for help again and again but i just don't know what to do. It seems that swamps are the Suckiest place to make an civilization. If any one has ANY civilization that is successful living in swamps please post it.
EDIT: When i made fish men be able to not eat they spread like wildfire. Is it because food is hard to come by in the swamp?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:38:14 pm by mangulwort »

Kasumi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 08:53:11 pm »

If I may suggest something I believe you might find useful to create a world with a Rainfall of 100 to 100 and a Drainage of 0 to 0. In an unmodded game only Dwarves and Goblins will exist along your own entity, and the terrain will allow you to see how does it operates when under ideal conditions.

If you still have not done so I would also suggest you try and see what happens when you allow them to farm.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:55:44 pm by Kasumi »

mangulwort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 09:13:28 pm »

MY GOD! you are right! Farming completely slipped my mind! I am so happy i could emote kiss you!  :-*

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 11:46:20 pm »

I must sound REALLY whiny asking for help again and again but i just don't know what to do. It seems that swamps are the Suckiest place to make an civilization. If any one has ANY civilization that is successful living in swamps please post it.
EDIT: When i made fish men be able to not eat they spread like wildfire. Is it because food is hard to come by in the swamp?

I had a working lizardmen civilization in 40d; it was more or less humans modded to use the lizardman creature and live in swamps, and I only ever saw them not being in worlds when there were no wetlands for them to spawn in.

Mind you, I also beefed them up over even the one already in the game: gave them a size of like 12 to a human's 10, and gave them a low damageblock score. And they used the same equipment as humans, so they had some advantages.

Kasumi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 11:01:36 am »

@ Mangulwort: I am glad we did manage to help you. But I was just reminding you of what GreatWyrmGold and Blakmane had said back on the first page, they are the ones you should thank to. :)
Pages: 1 [2]