Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building fortresses for Adventure Mode?  (Read 843 times)

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Building fortresses for Adventure Mode?
« on: December 01, 2012, 03:52:39 am »

I am very new to DF I have really only played Adventure Mode, and have used only small mods to the game.

I would like to build a fortress that was interesting to explore, besides tunneling strait down into the caverns what can I do?

Does anyone have any links to their fortresses that would be a challenge for an Adventure?

Cheers,
:D Snake_Eyes

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building fortresses for Adventure Mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:06:03 am »

Haven't tried it, but this looks to be exactly what you're looking for:

Many fortress, one world: Succesion world for adventure mode
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103473.0

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:53:24 am »

Xob, people kind of lost interest in that after a while because it didn't have anybody in a strong leadership position, calling the shots. If it'd had someone behind it, driving it, it would've gone through, but as it stands, I don't think that's going anywhere.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 04:44:05 pm »

Try to find a underground castle: there is one such castle in any given 16x16 area. Capture hostile beings and release them all over the map right before you abandon for adventure mode. Make an easy connection between all three caverns and lay down some roads in the caverns so you never get lost. Build training rooms and quarters for you adventurer, make a few full kits of masterwork steel or candy armor store it in lead bins so it doesn't scatter when you abandon.

If you don't mind cheats/dfhack I personally had a blast entering a 50 year old fort of mine with dfhack, by taking over a soldier. The best part was all 200 of my tame blind cave ogre pet/bodyguards simultaneously rebelled (i guess raw edits don't carry over to adventure mode quite intact) and my adventurer had to put down something like 30 of them, while seeing all the great people in my fort fighting for their lives and (in case of the baddass legendary marksdwarf baron) winning.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?