Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Customizing your characters in Adventure mode.  (Read 1251 times)

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
  • Modest expedition leader.
    • View Profile
Customizing your characters in Adventure mode.
« on: November 13, 2012, 06:48:57 am »

(This is my first topic ever.)

I'm thinking it would be nice to be able to customize my character more, whether or not he/she has long hair, short hair, fused lobes, hanging lobes, if his/her cheekbones are high or low. All the features. I've never really thought about this until now, but I've always wanted to make my character look how I want him/her, instead of it being just completely random. For some reason, the idea of choosing skin color, eye color, and frame fascinates me. I would be able to fit my character to his/her skills, and make them look more appropriate. How about throwing in scars, and more styles for hair, and facial hair too?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:55:36 am by Fortport »
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Customizing your characters in Adventure mode.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:32:32 pm »

Did you choose how you look in real life? You work with what you're born with, unless you and can afford a plastic surgeon. It should be possible to choose hairstyles though. And how do you expect to have scars before adventuring?

Hopefully when magic is fully added, there will be a way to change appearances with it. Magical plastic surgery.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 03:48:49 pm »

Did you choose how you look in real life? You work with what you're born with, unless you and can afford a plastic surgeon. It should be possible to choose hairstyles though. And how do you expect to have scars before adventuring?

Hopefully when magic is fully added, there will be a way to change appearances with it. Magical plastic surgery.
In the year 256, Urist Treestabber tripped and cut his right eye on a small siltstone rock.
In the year 257, Urist Treestabber's left foot was torn by a yak.
In the year 260, Urist Treestabber began wandering the wilds... (ADVENTURER MODE)
Something like that in future could be fun- become adventurers that actually exist, instead of just poofing there.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »

Agreed.

In the year 256, Urist Treestabber tripped and cut his right eye on a small siltstone rock.
In the year 260, Urist Treestabber began wandering the wilds... (ADVENTURER MODE)
Something like that in future could be fun- become adventurers that actually exist, instead of just poofing there.
Planned...kinda...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:48:12 pm »

Well, you make a good point, but hair? It would be kinda cool if you grew a beard over time, or longer hair, and had the option to shave/cut it however you like.
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:50:06 pm »

I think we all agree on that point...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:50:38 pm »

And, about the scars .. maybe your character got in a scrap when he/she was younger? -Shrug-

Or, had a hunting accident?
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 10:54:18 pm »

Maybe you could choose to have had a rough life and get scars that way?
Sig

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:09 pm »

Oh, that brings me to another topic! Choosing your lifestyle before you became an adventurer. Such as a noble, or a lower class citizen of a city. They could have different spawn points and everything! (Like a sewer. :D)
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 10:58:27 pm »

And, when you can be imprisoned and stuff, it would be awesome to wake up on the third month of captivity, being fed scraps, and all, to find out that you've grown a beard, become frail, pale, and weaker.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:00:01 pm by Fortport »
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!

darknessofthenight

• Bay Watcher
  • cannibalism is complicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 11:10:54 pm »

edit instead of double posting and the first one is planned, I think the second one was but i'm not sure

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 02:39:40 am »

Sorry. ^ ^;

I totally agree! @Katana
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:02:20 am by Fortport »
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!