Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphical glitch  (Read 459 times)

Maestro Ugo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Graphical glitch
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:35:00 pm »

First of all, this might be out of place but for some reason I can't post in the bugs thread.

I'm using Lazy Newb Pack (Phoebus tileset) in a windowed mode, and certain characters seem to randomly disappear from the game. I post here as it might be connected to the mods I use. It's actually a pretty big problem as I can't see what certain dwarves are doing. It applies to all the menues across the board.

Some examples:

Any idea what's going on?

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphical glitch
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 01:37:56 pm »

Your problem is caused by truetype fonts being enabled.

Hit F-12 to turn off truetype.

Maestro Ugo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:08 pm »

Okay, that changes the font and removes the glitch, but this new font is large and some letters are coloured and is very hard to read, how do I go about changing the font?

Cheers!

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 01:59:57 pm »

It's a known true type bug:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5696

You can alleviate the issue temporarily by scrolling in and out with the mousewheel.

Pressing F12 switches between TrueType and using the letters, numbers and punctuation on the tileset.
If you want to change the TrueTypefont, save the TTF font you want as font.ttf and drop it into data/art
It will overwrite whatever font you currently have.
If you want to change the tileset font, you'll have to edit the tileset with a image editing program, such as gimp or photoshop.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 02:48:38 pm »

Just doublepress F11. That fixes it for a while, if it gets too bad, double press F11 again. Thats what I do.

Changing the font without TrueType doesnt work, it actually uses tiles from the tileset instead of characters then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Maestro Ugo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 05:23:35 pm »

Thank you both! It works for me!