Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tarn Adams (Toady One) interviewed on Roguelike Radio podcast  (Read 9834 times)

Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tarn Adams (Toady One) interviewed on Roguelike Radio podcast
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 04:20:59 pm »

Come to the UK!
We have free Hospitals and let anyone in!

Laudable.

Just ask any unskilled non-English speaking person on welfare!

I just hope that Toady is able to acquire coverage one way or another. It's far more important than anything related to Dwarf Fortress, as Buttery_Mess correctly pointed out.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
Re: Tarn Adams (Toady One) interviewed on Roguelike Radio podcast
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 05:59:59 pm »

I was born in the UK, so of course I don't have to worry about healthcare. I don't see the point in getting into a pissing contest about it though, because I never chose to be born in the UK, nor did I have any say in how the healthcare system was set up. Toady kind of mentioned that he was aware that healthcare is free abroad, but didn't want to move. Why should he have to? He didn't ask to be born in the USA, but it's his home. We all love him though, so we should all donate a bit so that he can afford some form of healthcare insurance (or at least allow him to save for a rainy day.) I would do it for a friend or a family member, so the man responsible for coding the best game of all time that has entertained and inspired me for hundreds of hours deserves the same treatment.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]