Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf therapist  (Read 649 times)

roggerolla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarf therapist
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:19:39 am »

Hi!
I'm not sure i'm posting this in the right forum, but i have a problem.
Dwarf therapist is showing i have 10 dwarves. The game is showing 11. I have tried restarting both of them.
Still there is one more dwarf in my fortress than therapist is showing.
Anyone knows why?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf therapist
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:43:21 am »

Have there been a child kidnapping? I've seen reports that sometimes migrants or kidnapped children are reported in therapist, while not being in game.

I don't uses the utility, but I've seen others report it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 05:16:04 am »

I haven't used the rapist in a long time, but.. Is it possible that one of your dwarves is a vampire or necromancer? I don't know if the rapist would show those as normal dwarves.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 05:21:39 am »

Vamps show on Therapist.

Therapist lists the current job.  10 dwarves is somewhat manageable to sort through (I'd not suggest this if you had 100) - can you tell which dwarf is the extra dwarf?  Therapist should be able to tell you (through some of the filters on the top left, like one that classifies by dwarves that are draftable or not) what the age of the extra one is, as well as what task it supposedly is doing.

I lean towards it being a kidnapped child or an 'unplayable extra' like a trader that you cannot actually control (that's a bug, but for now, it's part of the game).  Another possible test is to check your units screen, not JUST your units, but all units on the map, as well as the missing/dead.... maybe the extra name on a screen you'd not expect to see it on?

One last possibility - I vaguely remember that liasons show up on therapist.  Do you have a liason currently with your fort?  That's another 'the name should match' sort of thing.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:36:58 am »

I also agree that it could be a vampire.

Switch to your (u)nits screen and take a look at your dwarves. Take a look at their preferences and thoughts screens. Someone with an absurb amount of memberships (blue text in the upper half) is bound to be a vampire.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 08:12:37 am »

If the missing dwarf is a baby hit read dwarf on therapist, for some reason babies are put in their own migration wave.

timotheos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:52:56 am »

Therapist also counts ghosts but that would put the numbers the other way around. As would the stuck migrant bug.

Could it be a dead/missing dwarf that hasn't been found yet?

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 10:13:00 am »

I haven't used the rapist in a long time

I see what you did thar!

Also it is possible that babies are turned off which would mean they are not shown at all. I would say since you are only dealing with 10-11 dwarfs, you can pretty easily find out who the one off is. that might lead to more info on why (s)he is not showing