Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about Heat and Damage  (Read 281 times)

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions about Heat and Damage
« on: October 27, 2012, 05:41:45 pm »

Hi all, I don't often post here, but I've been playing the game for quite some time now, and it's of the highest quality.

Anyways, I had a few questions about some of the "hidden" gameplay mechanics, or more specifically, mechanics you don't really see a lot of. Specifically, it's how damage and life works, and how temperatures transfer.

For materials, I understand everything has a specific heat capacity, which affects the rate of temperature transfer, but that's all the wiki seems to detail. For example, if you had a single magma tile, would its heat spread evenly to all adjacent tiles? How about if there was a creature? Would the items be affected at the same rate or slower depending on if they're worn in layers? How fast does heat transfer per game tick? Etc.

For damage, I understand that (almost) every creature has layers for fat, flesh, nerves, etc., but damage just happens until things are severed and/or the creature bleeds out. How is damage handled then? I know that damage is converted to bludgeoning if it hits armor, or something like that, but not how each layer reacts and stuff.
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.