Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What color should the wmain colour of the wall be?

Cyan! Use Microcline!
- 1 (50%)
Red! Use Cinnabar!
- 0 (0%)
Light Blue! Use Cobaltite!
- 0 (0%)
White! Use Marble!
- 1 (50%)
Yellow! Use Orthoclase!
- 0 (0%)
Gray! Use Diorite! Also the easiest option!
- 0 (0%)
Other! Please Specify.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: SabreBrand! The Gate-Fort to the Mountainhome! [Community Fortress]  (Read 731 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Okay, so, I've decided to take on dwarven storytelling. Along with my first megaproject. We're nestled in a 2x3 rectangle, a forest valley between two bits of a mountain range. I'm hoping nothing will be able to sneak in from behind because it's set up like:

MFM
MFM

Feel free to ask to be dwarfed, and vote in the polls! I'll try posting from a bunch of different dwarves. The POV depends on the current action.

I plan on starting on the mountains directly behind the gate as another challenge fort, for the arpee reasons.

DWARVES:

Tulon "DotClasp", Miner
Kosoth "TreatyAlley", Miner
Kosoth "ChannelMorning", Woodworker (Woodcutter/Carpenter)
Tholtig "QuakedRinkers", Mason
Adil "ColorGlaze", Metalworker (Operator/Weaponsmith)
Domas "RoseLetters", Planter
Kogsak "MartyrMountains", Expedition Leader (Mechanic, Main Storyteller[unclaimable])

1st Granite;
(From the journal of Kogsak)
We've arrived at the place we're to build the wall. It's less mountainous that I expected; I hope this doesn't raise any problems as we construct the barrier to protect the mountainhome. We're establishing ourselves just behind the wall so we have at least a small foothold in order to begin the actual construction. Only seven of us made it. At least we still have a few miners, a mason, and a planter. A woodcutter made it along too. Hope he likes making beds.

I've ordered the woodcutter to start chopping down a swath of trees to make room for the wall and gatehouse, and am working on how I want to lay out our little hole in the ground.

23rd Granite;
(From the journal of Kogsak)
So I've figured out how we're going to do this. It'll be easier for production if we seperate ourselves into seperate castes. Farmers will be working in the only soil level, and be living in the stone layer directly below. Underneath them is where the masons who will be doing the actual building will live. Beneath them is the start of everyone else's work zones, and there will be four. One will be the block-making masons, another the furniture masons and mechanics, then woodworking and crafts, then anything requiring furnaces in the fourth square. The miners are currently digging out our quarters - We will be occupying the farmer's quarters until our respective living areas are established.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:32:00 am by Pufferfish »