Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My necromancer adventurer has transformed, help!  (Read 1492 times)

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My necromancer adventurer has transformed, help!
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:45:14 pm »

Hello,

i have a necromancer, that have near 300 kills, and today he has tranformed in an undead? I have lost the ability to raise zombies, and when the people of the town see me they try to kill me. I have a blue flashing icon, the same for undeads (I use Phoebus), but in the description only says Elite wrestler. The moon is crescent, so it can't be a werebeast.

What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
Re: My necromancer adventurer has transformed, help!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:33:00 pm »

Am I right in assuming that by 'transformed' you mean being turned into a husk/thrall by a cloud in an evil biome? That would explain the flashing blue undead icon and the fact that everyone is hostile to you, as getting husked/thralled gives you the 'opposed to life' tag.  As for the loss of necromacer ability-I believe that it is impossible for one to become a vampire if already a werecreature, and vice-versa. Perhaps the same thing is happening here-getting yourself husked/thralled might have resulted in the loss of your necromancer abilities. Unfortunately you cannot cure yourself and, if what I said above is true, become a necro again. On the bright side you are now a nigh indestructable undead killing machine. You can only be killed by having your head or body severed, can't bleed out or feel pain and don't need to breathe. If you're looking for something to do I suggest world genocide.   
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:21:48 pm »

A very slow world genocide.

Remember "there's no crime if you do not get caught"
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 07:06:46 pm »

Jump into a volcano and see if you live.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »

Go in to the ocean and exterminate the fish-people. Then raise their corpses and lead them in genocide against the surface-dwellers.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 09:43:58 pm »

Go in to the ocean and exterminate the fish-people. Then raise their corpses and lead them in genocide against the surface-dwellers.

Unless it implies carrying those corpses in the backpack all the way to a reanimating evil biome, the OP will not be able to raise anything (unless the opposite is proven by a more knowledgeable forumite). Oceanographic exploration, on the other hand, is quite a well-received task, there goes my vote.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 09:53:53 pm »

If I were you.
I would mod myself in an olde iron diving suit.
And a giant anchor, to use as a weapon.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 04:38:46 am »

Find a slab or book and learn to raise zombies again.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 11:17:34 am »

I was caught in evil weather some weeks ago. I was in a dungeon when I transformed. The speed has reduced from 1000 to 800, and I have retained all my equipement. This is in the description of the Wiki for thralls. But the Wiki says that when you convert to thrall, the identifier is changed to thrall+the evil weather that converted to you (isn't my case).

The bad thing is that now I can't speak with the NPCs, and I can't do fast travel in the town to go to my "home", in an abandoned shop.

Surely, I will embark in deep ocean exploration. And I will try to become a necro another time. Won't be difficult to assault a tower now.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for my bad english.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 10:27:53 am »

You need [CAN_SPEAK] to use necromancer abilities and weather zombies don't have it. There is no way to cure your undeath either.
However, if I'm not mistaken, other necromancers and zombies should be friendly to you now. Maybe you can try to find a necromancer tower, befriend one of the necromancers there and have them raise zombies for you.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 07:29:09 pm »

x
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 03:57:34 am by Metruption »