Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Embarked on a Kobold Cave...  (Read 4706 times)

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
Re: Embarked on a Kobold Cave...
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 07:04:40 am »

Hi. I was just reading this and decided that I would like to embark on a kobold cave too, do I need any mods like that embark anywhere one? And how do I find kobold caves, they don't appear on the map last time I checked(I assume there is a mod or somthing for that, but I figured that I may as well ask while I'm here).
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 09:29:36 am »

Hi. I was just reading this and decided that I would like to embark on a kobold cave too, do I need any mods like that embark anywhere one? And how do I find kobold caves, they don't appear on the map last time I checked(I assume there is a mod or somthing for that, but I figured that I may as well ask while I'm here).

Advanced worldgen, make caves visible: yes.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 12:25:32 pm »

Kobolds, what up?

Jabrarsnus fungeebis, you say? Well met!

Bad news: They're out in the open, not in a cave.
Worse news: This is in an evil biome.

You see, long ago I generated a world with tweaked parameters. In the Northern Ocean lies a desert island wracked by the blazing sun. On it, a lone camp of kobolds makes their home. In the South lies a massive continent, split down the middle by a mountain range. To the east is human civilization, along with the last few dwarves and elves. To the west is one giant evil biome, with great inland seas tainted by foul murk and where none but the goblins dare to tread. Literally, the entire place is EVIL with a capital EEEEEVIL. Probably hard to live in, what with the billowing clouds of whathaveyou and goblin ambushes. I was reminded of that one movie with the bugs.

So, one kobold comes by and suddenly, three hundred (and two) kobolds enter a brutal war. That's the good scenario.

Alternatively, a cloud of evil mist will huskify all the kobolds, leading to 302 kobold husks roaming the surface. Hooray!

I'm copying the save right now. If anyone wants the map, let me know.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 01:24:27 pm »

Trap avoid. Zombie Kobold army.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 01:46:14 pm »

Yeah, caves won't be generated if a river or brook runs through the same spot. I found a cave of dwarves like that. No idea why they settled in a "cave" that happened to be a nice patch of grass by a river full of dwarf-eating fish, but they did.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 03:06:35 pm »

Thanks. :)
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

thrush_titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »

Thanks. :)
also use legends viewer to find out which caves actually have kobolds in them ahead of time.

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 07:42:36 pm »

That kobold cave would make a nice lava pool.
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]