Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ways to creatively decorate my fortress halls?  (Read 3349 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to creatively decorate my fortress halls?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2012, 03:31:08 pm »

Arched ceilings.
d-r will be our friend.

Sorry, I don't understand how designating ramps will help us build arched ceilings.  Could you elaborate please?
It lets you dig up, not just down.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nkosi_SW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 05:44:39 pm »

OK, thanks for the clarification.  I thought you somehow meant using ramps to get slanting ceilings, and I didn't see how that could be.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 07:02:28 pm »

I use stairs and up/down stairs for most of my vaulted roof projects but yanno, an upside down ramp tile would be wonderful for the architectural elements. You could do nicer balconies, vaulted ceilings, archways etc. Oh well, I can dream.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 07:09:42 pm »

I designed my entire fort around diamonds. It looks pretty, but it's pretty inefficent unless you have dedicated levels for your workshops, and the aesthetic doesn't really work if you try to expand. That being said, it's really cool to imagine having huge, perched ceilings over your dwarves' heads :D
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 07:12:03 pm »

I designed my entire fort around diamonds. It looks pretty, but it's pretty inefficent unless you have dedicated levels for your workshops, and the aesthetic doesn't really work if you try to expand. That being said, it's really cool to imagine having huge, perched ceilings over your dwarves' heads :D
How are you building with diamonds?
Pages: 1 2 [3]