Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 853 times)

crazybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tapatalk
« on: October 17, 2012, 03:21:39 pm »

Could you install the Tapatalk module on the dwarf fortress forums so that I could access the forums from my Tapatalk app?  I have personally done this for my own simple machines forum and it only took a couple of minutes to install, so it would not take much time or effort.  Its not a big issue, but I would love to be able to access the forums from the app and have notifications and such from the app as well.

I posted this elsewhere and was told that I should probably post it here.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 03:49:10 pm »

People just say that because they don't want a vaguely unrelated post in their specific forum. As Tapatalk is not related to Dwarf Fortress General, General Discussion was probably a better place for it, as we lack a forum forum.

My wooden badge was delicious.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 04:02:30 pm »

I'm not familiar with Tapatalk specifically, but if it makes hanging out on the forums from my android phone easier, and it's free, and easy for the site admins to install/maintain, I'm all for it.  Right now it's at least _kinda_ possible to use the forums from a phone, but it's certainly not easy...

--nomad_delta

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 07:45:18 pm »

I don't think these forums have been updated much at all since their creation, so there's little chance that app will be added.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy