Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ability to filter Historical Figures in Legends mode by species/vampirism/etc.  (Read 1068 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

Right now, despite the ability to filter historical figures by string and the fact that the figures' species (as well as whether or not they are a vampire or necromancer or what have you) are listed after their names, the filter ignores the species listing and only sorts by name, thus making it impossible to conveniently find, for example, all the Bronze Colossi.

I would find it very useful of we could search through historical figures by species (and vampirism, and necromantic ability) as well as by name.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Couldn't you do a string search for "bronze colossus"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couldn't you do a string search for "bronze colossus"?

That's what I'm saying. I've tried that and it didn't work. The current implementation of the string search feature seems to ignore species; as far as I can tell it only sees the subject's name.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Weird...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

nomnum

• Bay Watcher
  • Spayships
    • View Profile
    • Eighteen Pixels

Well if you searched bronze collosus that should have worked... not sure why it didnt...
But i agree with you because there is still a crap-load of things it wont find like disguised vampires or necromancers, etc.
**Aprove ;D
One does not simply...
Manage a dwarven fortress.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Well if you searched bronze collosus that should have worked... not sure why it didnt...
But i agree with you because there is still a crap-load of things it wont find like disguised vampires or necromancers, etc.
**Aprove ;D

It didn't work because the string search only searches names, not creature type.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**Aprove ;D

It didn't work because the string search only searches names, not creature type.

Thank you!
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I agree that the legends mode filtering needs a bit more functionality in terms of possible filter types. It shouldn't be too hard to add search parameters for birth/death dates, species, and gender/caste.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bytyan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, layered strings. Being able to search all of caste of a certain civilization, or all the dragons still alive after one date but born after another.

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Until then, there's always the Legends Viewer.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, there should be a separate category for battles and wars and duels and so on.
Until then, there's always the Legends Viewer.
I love the Legends Viewer, but it has a bunch of missing data due to Legends Mode's incomplete XML dumping. Plus the XML files are massive. They can be as large as several gigabytes depending on the world.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment