Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Emptying Backpack?  (Read 1667 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Emptying Backpack?
« on: October 12, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »

Is there a command that allows to empty your backpack? not "d"roping items inside the backpack one by one, not "r" removing your backpack to your hand and "d"rop the backpack with everything inside,  but keeping the backpack on your inventory and dropping everything inside it to the ground?

I'm not sure but  I think that somehow I did it once, I was messing with "r"emove and "d"rop commands and I think I hit something else accidentally and I ended up with everything on the ground and the backpack empty...

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Emptying Backpack?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 04:41:48 pm »

If you (d)rop a liquid from a container, then the entire container will be emptied out onto the floor.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 04:44:12 pm »

If you (d)rop a liquid from a container, then the entire container will be emptied out onto the floor.
that makes sense of what happened, I must've had some blood or vomit inside the backpack, thanks!

bugfeature

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:19:10 pm »

If you think about it, it kinda makes sense. You can just lift solid things out of a backpack and leave the rest in, whereas you can't just grab a liquid out with your hands when there's solids in (so no scooping). You'd need to pour it out, thereby dumping the rest of the stuff inside. At least that's what I get from it.

... But wait, does (r)emoving the liquid do the same thing? If not, then it's a bugfeature, I think.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:24:04 pm »

isn't there an opposite bugfeature? pick up everything on a tile into a container in one go?

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 05:29:51 pm »

isn't there an opposite bugfeature? pick up everything on a tile into a container in one go?

Not sure, but you've reminded me of the water bug featureno that one's actually a bug, wherein you can multiply water (or any liquid I think). Won't say so you won't be tempted to exploit :P

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 06:11:36 pm »

Not sure, but you've reminded me of the water bug featureno that one's actually a bug, wherein you can multiply water (or any liquid I think). Won't say so you won't be tempted to exploit :P
Yes, I noticed that, any contaminant can be picked up infinitely: pool, smears, splatter of blood, vomit, water, pus, etc... even powders like the bone meals inside Minotaur lairs.