Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Streamlining the clothing industry?  (Read 4018 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Streamlining the clothing industry?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 01:20:23 pm »

I just buy cloth bins from the traders, I sell all my created crafts and junk clothes to them, buy up all the cloth, and they still make a huge profit.

After that, I have 1 clothesmaker working round the clock, with manager jobs added once in a while for 30 shirts, 30 trousers, and 30 shoes.  I notice other people recommend socks instead, is there any difference between socks and shoes as far as functionality/cost?

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 02:40:49 pm »

The easiest way to know if you are short on shirts (or dresses), trousers, and shoes is to use the trade screen. If, for example, you do not have any trousers to trade, you need to make more trousers.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 08:39:42 pm »

So whats eluding me now is the matter of stockpile organization.  How do you consolidate the crap clothes?   How do I keep them in their own location so that I can easily get them off dwarves, off the ground, into the stockpile, and onto the caravans?
Make one stockpile that takes only from the clothier's or leatherworker's. This is where new fortress-made clothes end up. Make another stockpile that takes from anywhere. This is where everything else ends up. All of these bins will be called the same thing in the trade screen, so if you want to be able to tell the difference you need to place the two piles so that all the bins in one pile are a different distance from the depot than all the bins in the other pile.

The first stockpile may end up containing worn clothing if a dwarf is standing in the stockpile when they take their old worn clothing off, but otherwise only unworn clothing will be placed there. The second stockpile will contain a mixture of unworn clothing from invaders and worn clothing from dwarves.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]