Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Ultimate Challenge [Now Featuring Phoebus Texture Pack!]  (Read 21133 times)

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Challenge [Now Featuring Phoebus Texture Pack!]
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2012, 07:20:51 am »

Gaah, I'm starting to get really tired of moody dwarves demanding stone. This one has way too many friends, and my fortress is really short on happiness inducers. This is gonna be fun.

If you're using clay as a building material, it trains masonry, and as far as I can tell, masonry is the only mood that doesn't accept clay boulders.  I've had a few successful moods using clay boulders for other moods.  Of course, I could be wrong. 

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2012, 12:10:18 pm »

Nope. I don't even have a masonry workshop. These are all coming from what I've nicknamed The Craftdwarf Workshop of Death. And I've got lots of clay around, so no, when they want stone, they want stone.

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2012, 03:58:04 pm »

The bloody mountainhome keeps sending masons just to spite me.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2012, 04:53:37 pm »

A useless fisherdwarf who arrived in the most recent migrant wave just got possessed like the dingus he is and claimed our metal forge. He grabbed a leather...and our one iron bar I was going to use in a mechanism. He then started working. *facepalm*

Oh well. I guess I'll just keep building some bedrooms and think about getting a hospital area built up while he's hogging the forge.

EDIT: He made an iron cabinet with an image of "The Book Exposed" the sheep leather-bound book in cow leather. The cabinet is named Glistenedflights the Factional Rels. Guess what's going in the mead hall?

EDIT2: Well crap. it seems settling between two friendly dwarf towers was a bad idea. Now there's some human necromancer somewhere nearby reanimating small limbs and skeletal remains. If it weren't for the idiot fisherdwarf I could have set up some weapon traps to chew the undead up before they entered the fort, but nooo. Urist McFisherdwarf had to go and get possessed and make a near useless artifact.

I hope he likes watching our marksdorfs and the merchant guards struggle to put down the reanimated yak hair wandering around now. I have no idea what is going on, the fort is a chaotic mess.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:23:45 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2012, 06:30:39 pm »

Anyone know any good dwarven curse words? My save just got corrupted. I need to start over at Square 1.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2012, 06:31:25 pm »

Anyone know any good dwarven curse words?
Elf

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zorki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2012, 08:34:46 pm »

Still working on my second year. I ran into awkwardness when all of my food (read: trade goods) was stored in wooden barrels which I accidentally tried to trade with elves. Whoops.

Should have embarked on a larger map for more wood!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]