Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stockpile inaccesible  (Read 635 times)

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
stockpile inaccesible
« on: October 10, 2012, 03:11:09 pm »

i get tens of messages canceling hauling jobs because stockpile is inaccesible per second. its gotten to the point that none of my dwarves are willing to do any work. i unforbid every door but it didnt help. any idea how to find the offending stockpile? for extra information i am in reclaim mode, this problem has been goin on for a while, at least since after the first immagration wave, and has been getting worse. it used to be just one or two dwarves who refused to work due to inaccesible stockpiles, but now its every dwarf except 2 or 3 at a time.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: stockpile inaccesible
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 03:20:23 pm »

Disable one type of hauling job at a time until you determine the type of stockpile.
Then look delete every one of those stockpiles until the messages go away.
Then build new stockpiles.

If this doesn't work, flush to fortress with magma.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 03:27:13 pm »

Even if it does work, magma will make them obey!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 04:01:25 pm »

i already tried disabling every stockpile, the problem is i cant find the stockpile thats causing this. is there any way to list all the stockpiles?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 04:04:19 pm »

Troubleshoot.  Start knocking off stockpiles and also make sure some dumbass didnt mislocate a barrel somewheres.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 04:32:56 pm »

Something I have come across that generates a stockpile error is wheelbarrows getting stuck/abandoned when they hit a forbidden (e.g. outside of defined burrows) tile.  Then I have to go check all my tunnels and even outside to verify that the burrows cover anywhere a wheelbarrow might have been taken - and often find I missed a spot in a tunnel or elsewhere and a dwarf tried to push a wheelbarrow through it.

Something else to consider is doing some sort of mass forbid on items.  Then systematically unforbid and see when your message starts showing up again.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 12:28:54 pm »

This sounds like a burrow problem to me. Do you have any burrows? If you don't then I'm probably wrong.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 09:45:15 pm »

Well the R menu should list each and every stockpile you've created (along with every other "room" you've created), so you can manually delete each stockpile.

Are there areas of the reclaim you haven't been to yet? wood drop off in the cavern? Flooded magma workshop?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 10:33:36 pm »

thanks Drazinononda, it was a burrow problem. a tiny corner of one of my stockpiles was outside the burrow, and every dwarf in the fortress wanted to store stuff there.