Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Normal Dwarf With Aunts, Cousins etc  (Read 1104 times)

Overload_C14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Normal Dwarf With Aunts, Cousins etc
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:36:39 am »

I just got my first migrant wave and started setting out some rooms for all my dwarves, Realizing they were married I go to check the relations screen and see this;

First thought that she was a vampire however after checking her husband I find he has the extra relations as well (Although only on his fathers side I believe)
After thinking about it it struck me that the only other character I've seen with such relations is the King or Queen (This civ is ruled by a Queen btw)
Does this mean their in some way related to royalty?

EDIT: Just checked the Queens name against both of their relationship sheets, Shes not on there :S
2nd EDIT: Just checked the other married couple and they also have them
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:47:27 am by Overload_C14 »

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
Re: Normal Dwarf With Aunts, Cousins etc
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 03:13:47 am »

Quite normal. Since 0.34.01, migrants are drawn from the historical figures in your civ's population.

I find it really adds colour and narrative to a fort.

Overload_C14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 03:33:54 am »

Oh Okay, I'm surprised I haven't noticed it at all yet and the wiki doesn't seem to mention it, Thanks   :D

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 08:52:15 am »

This is very normal. When you play with an small civ all your dwarfs can be of a couple families.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability