Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fey mood question  (Read 636 times)

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
fey mood question
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:02:51 pm »

so one of my dwarves got a fey mood and demands "rock" and "bones". i have aproximately 5 different types of stone but he doesnt want any of them. is "rock" something special? also, i have a couple of corpses lying around, but how do i give him "bone"?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fey mood question
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:10:00 pm »

so one of my dwarves got a fey mood and demands "rock" and "bones". i have aproximately 5 different types of stone but he doesnt want any of them. is "rock" something special? also, i have a couple of corpses lying around, but how do i give him "bone"?
Rock is just that - rock.
Bones are bones as a butchering product, not raw corpses or skeletons.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 02:10:16 pm »

He either needs the bone first, and then the stone, or he needs specific type of stone. Use 't' to see if he's collected anything and just needs one as well. He might have collected something unnoticed by you.

For the first case, butcher a dead animal. Your dwarves should do this by default if you have a dwarf with butchery enabled. If you have butchery enabled on a dwarf, and still don't have bone, you might lack animal corpses, or they're laying useless outside. For the latter, use 'o'-'r'-'o' to tell your dwarves to collect corpses outside. If you don't have animal corpses at all, use your military if you have one, and slay some wild animals roaming around, or try enabling hunting on a dwarf with marksdwarf skill. Alternatively if you have pasture animals you don't care about, just slaughter one of them.

For the second case, dig down and hope you strike whatever your fey mooder wants.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:29:44 pm by Ki11aGhost »

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 02:26:24 pm »

thanks, i unforbid all the stone in my junk and butchered some horses and the fey mood was succesful.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 02:47:04 pm »

Why, what did he make?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 08:24:13 pm »

i dont rmember exactly, but i think it was some worthless rock sceptor adorned with bones and gems.