Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: light stone and ores  (Read 968 times)

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
light stone and ores
« on: October 04, 2012, 12:10:05 pm »

Checked search but doesnt work on my android but as the title says is there a way to revert stow to how it was last update without wheelbarrows? As much as i love it.. seems so slow thank you :3 :D

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: light stone and ores
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 01:56:41 pm »

I think you could just go into the stones and ores entry and make their densities like 1. However this would also make said stone and ore useless for blunt damage. However if you do not use stone fall traps this would matter little to you. However I have not tested this so you will have to try.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »

Adapt your playstyle to the changes. I find that it's generally faster and more effective (sans a few bugs) than the old hauling.

Make dedicated stone quarries, build a temporary mason's workshop right there, convert to blocks, transport off with minecart tracks. Optionally use wheelbarrows to ferry the blocks to collection stockpiles next to the minecarts if you collect from a dispersed area.

Use several small stockpiles instead of few large ones. That allows for more wheelbarrows.

Have more dedicated haulers than before.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:42:38 am »

Adapt your playstyle to the changes. I find that it's generally faster and more effective (sans a few bugs) than the old hauling.

Make dedicated stone quarries, build a temporary mason's workshop right there, convert to blocks, transport off with minecart tracks. Optionally use wheelbarrows to ferry the blocks to collection stockpiles next to the minecarts if you collect from a dispersed area.

Use several small stockpiles instead of few large ones. That allows for more wheelbarrows.

i understand that but i like to move all the smeltable ore into a custom pile but it never gets hauled even when i have haulers free

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 05:42:19 pm »

i understand that but i like to move all the smeltable ore into a custom pile but it never gets hauled even when i have haulers free
Stone stockpiles default to requiring a wheelbarrow. Make one or make the stockpile not use wheelbarrows.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.