Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TerraFirmaCraft: Bloomeries, forges, and a dedicated server! Round 2  (Read 1488 times)

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile

As some of you already know, Minecraft is an indie game that's been extremely popular, but there's always been something missing for the hardcore gamers who play it. More challenge! TerraFirmaCraft adds just that, making sure you have a rough experience before you even get your first ingot! This mod introduces a variety of new features to make the game more realistic, such as; lumberjacking: trees no longer hover in the air! Metalworking: No more smushing ingots together to make a pickaxe! You must create plans and forge the head from an ingot on your very own anvil! Deadly cave-ins: Be careful! You need to put up mine supports before digging willy-nilly for ore veins!

But wait, there's more!

There's also a website and a wiki, both made by the creator of the mod. Links:

www.TerraFirmaCraft.com -You can find the changelog and other helpful stuff here.

The TerraFirmaCraft Wiki -You will be visiting this site often. Like every minute or so.

Videos for your face to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT6h7MQac6U - Slightly outdated, you cannot make picks out of stone any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?q48Q&v=cJ5y1eGup80 - The most current video series I could find. (Only 5 episodes, though.)

Servers:

Keesfani's Dedicated TFC Server: 198.27.82.45:25566

How to install:
Download the mod and keep this page open.
Open up the minecraft.jar with a unarchiving tool. Free examples include Zipeg. (Remember to rename the resulting folder minecraft.jar)
Download the version of Forge Universal specified in the download page. Unzip and drag the contents into the open minecraft.jar folder.
Download PlayerAPI Universal. Unzip, place contents into minecraft.jar folder. Replace all.
Run Minecraft once. Exit. There should be a mods folder in the minecraft folder.
Put the TFC zip (do not unzip it) into the mods folder.
Ready to go!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: TerraFirmaCraft: Bloomeries, forges, and a dedicated server! Round 2
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:56:48 am »

Tried this before, yes?  We all hopped on Forsaken's server due to smartmove and stuff...

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 12:33:57 pm »

Ah nice. I might hop in once i get all installs done.
TFC allways fun.

edit: Forge Universal DL site is down :(
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:44:20 pm by Imofexios »

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 05:36:57 pm »

Bump.