Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Having trouble finding sites, any way to get a world map?  (Read 619 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Having trouble finding sites, any way to get a world map?
« on: September 29, 2012, 06:17:38 pm »

I'm trying to find some sites to visit and see some things in the game I've never been able to see. I'm starting in towns nearby where I'd like to go, but the map I get in game looks very little like the big world map. I can't seem to see a whole world map, just my immediate area. I repeated the journey many times, only once did I get mostly there but I got pecked to death by a flock of undead Ravens. I've tried asking NPCs about the surroundings, but the I'm not having any luck with it being the places I'd like to go.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble finding sites, any way to get a world map?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 11:14:39 pm »

First thing to do is train before you tackle the unknown i mostly take 2 melee and 3 archers with me for support but yeah haunted biomes are hell especialy if yot thrall/husk clouds if so run in it and you can go everywere besides human hamlets and cities

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:17:48 am »

Just keep spamming surroundings, and you could always duplicate your save, go in legends mode on one save and use the other one for adventuring.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 12:45:54 pm »

1:Copy your save.

2:Go to the embark screen in the copies save and use it as your map.

3:Profit!
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability