Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Towers are indeed !!FUN!!  (Read 751 times)

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
Towers are indeed !!FUN!!
« on: September 27, 2012, 03:14:13 pm »

Having gotten bored with my favorite fortress, Goldflash. I deemed her dead to FPS death and moved on to something a bit more challenging. I genned a 4000 year old world so I could get a good selection of towers. It also has the interesting bonus of having no elves. None. The civ wasn't added during world gen for some reason. Instead, it added extra goblin civs. I embarked on a beautifully barren hunk of terrifying badlands next to three necro towers.

I have these lovely purple unholy dust clouds that cause full body and organ blistering. Anything hit by it get blisters on outside, as well as all internal organs. Death occurs within 15 seconds of exposure. Being next to tropical savannas there all kinds of buggers wandering into my bit of land. Which all then die when the clouds come. The first time Glazeoiled fell was due to my failure of not cleaning up all these corpses. Giant cockatiels  can still fly when they become zombie giant cockatiels.

I reclaimed with some dwarves wearing copper with hammers. Managed to clean the place up, and build airtight defenses. Airtight defenses only work when you remember to shut ALL the doors though....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Time to reclaim again.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
Re: Towers are indeed !!FUN!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:23:56 pm »

Fun indeed, heh, how often will you reclaim it after more and more !!FUN!!?