Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make a Vampire King wear an artifact silver breastplate?  (Read 820 times)

BedeviledEgg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to make a Vampire King wear an artifact silver breastplate?
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »

One of my armorers went into a mood, but of course he picks the silver crafts forge to claim so instead of a badass steel breastplate I get a decorative but apparently militarily useless silver breastplate.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if the vampire king wore it but since he's seemingly not assignable to a military squad I can't figure out how to make him. Is there any way?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a Vampire King wear an artifact silver breastplate?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 10:09:10 pm »

Probably something with DFhack or similar...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 01:24:42 am »

I had once a king assigned to a military squad. He was not a vampire, and he was not the squad leader though.

BedeviledEgg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49:36 am »

Ah, so I can add him to a squad, as long as he's not the leader...  Great!  He can show off his silver breastplate while hanging out with those clowns in the fortress guard who I'd never let near a real fight anyway.

Also good to know that if his mandates get too annoying I can send those guys down for a srs talk with my dragon.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:48:38 pm »

Oh, I was thinking you were going to trick him into touching silver so he dies...
Feeling down? Click Here!

subzero22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 10:13:04 pm »

Same here and at the same time I was thinking. Silver is for werewolves not vampires.
If you ever drop your keys into a pool of lava, forget about them, cuz man, they're gone...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 06:50:38 am »

Traditionally, both are vulnerable to silver.
In DF, it varies...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.