Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First time playing terrifying, what are my dwarves trying to stockpile?  (Read 607 times)

Steerpike

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

It's my first time playing a terrifying biome. My first set of migrants come and I decide to lock my door and let the undead kill the migrants. When I unlock the door so that my mason can finish building the wall, all my dwarves rush out to store something in a stockpile. I can't figure out what they're trying to stockpile since the horde of undead comes at them, and my dwarves run away.
I've tried setting the orders to ignoring/don't claim corpses and ignoring refuse. The dwarves are still trying to gather something.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: First time playing terrifying, what are my dwarves trying to stockpile?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:40:41 pm »

The clothes?  Migrants have clothing.

And migrants have corpses and severed parts, if they don't reanimate.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Steerpike

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:54:11 pm »

Possibly, but I would have thought preventing the dwarves from claiming dead items would prevent dwarves from claiming it.
I'll just try forbidding all of the extra clothes and stuff.

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 02:47:08 pm »

Did you set the order to ignore death items before, or after, the migrants died? Whether an item gets forbidden or not by that option is determined at time of death, not when you set the option.

Steerpike

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 02:56:06 pm »

I set the order after they died.

Thanks!

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 03:02:40 pm »

My guess...  Hmmpf.   

They are trying to move the dead migrants, now a part of your fortress, to a corpse stockpile, or directly into a coffin before they get reanimated.  Try Forbidding everything, all 5 options in the Orders sub menu under Forbid?  Not just the hauling boxes in Therapist.  And if that doesn't work, forbid the stuff, manually.  Paint the area forbidden.  Paint the exit restricted, travel zone.

Too much miasma there for my taste buds.  Good luck, however.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.