Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Potential Kaiju Mod  (Read 1666 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Potential Kaiju Mod
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:19:05 pm »

Has anyone made a mod about Kaiju yet? You know, Godzilla, Mothra, Destoroyah, them lot?
I'm planning to make one, someday, when I'm proud of Final Fantasy Mod, but for the moment, I'm seeing if anyone's got the same train of thought.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Potential Kaiju Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 03:51:20 pm »

lol this is sorta how DF is already. Going along building your city suddenly a giant lizard apears and trashes everything.

...Allthough I suppose most Kaiju monsters are harder to damage and a good bit larger than your average Forgotten Beast.

Gameplay might be a little odd. Kinda neat if two such beasts came around and started duking it out. But if theres just one I guess you'll just have to get everyone underground and wait. After all, if Godzilla shrugs off modern high explosives and cannon fire what's a shortsword going to do?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 04:00:24 pm »

After all, double the monsters, double the fun, right?

Pelpo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 06:37:38 pm »

After all, double the monsters, double the fun, right?
This comment embodies at least 80% of what Dwarf Fortress is.
lol this is sorta how DF is already. Going along building your city suddenly a giant lizard apears and trashes everything.

...Allthough I suppose most Kaiju monsters are harder to damage and a good bit larger than your average Forgotten Beast.

Gameplay might be a little odd. Kinda neat if two such beasts came around and started duking it out. But if theres just one I guess you'll just have to get everyone underground and wait. After all, if Godzilla shrugs off modern high explosives and cannon fire what's a shortsword going to do?
Never put it past someone to create a creature that is immune to everything but a spoon (or otherwise ridiculous non-weapon) which a sword would be to Godzilla.
This actually is a good idea since who doesn't want to send a dozen dwarves against Godzilla? Would be especially awesome if this was expanded into an all inclusive movie monster mod.
*Insert witty joke here*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 06:50:02 pm »

You can't make creatures vulnerable to a weapon type, only materials. You might be able to make it so a creature is vulnerable to an otherwise worthless weapon material.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pelpo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 08:44:59 pm »

True. Still a copper shortsword against Godzilla would be like taking a spoon to a tank.
*Insert witty joke here*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 08:49:04 pm »

I'd compare it to taking a butterknife to a tank.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pelpo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 08:56:45 pm »

Thank you for the more apt example (not sarcastic)
*Insert witty joke here*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 09:02:42 pm »

Thank you for the more apt example (not sarcastic)
You are welcome.
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 12:31:47 am »

Challenge accepted, this mod will be made.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 03:06:24 pm »

Remember to add a building that creates a syndrom-causing gas that has a good chance of making a giant monster dwarf with all it's emotions geared to going crazy. Possible chance it would fight the doombeast, another much larger chance of going around and smashing everything.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 03:29:04 pm »

Tantrumzilla, yes?