Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simple (perhaps stupid) question.  (Read 710 times)

Verel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Simple (perhaps stupid) question.
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:40:01 pm »

So...I feel like a moron asking this...I really only started playing it a few days ago on recomendation from a friend. However recently I was looking at some screenshots on the internet of it and some of them had different graphics that where (still somewhat crappy though.) a bit easyer to understand what everything was...and I was just wondering where ya can get those graphics for the game? (also would just like to say this game is amazing and graphics don't even really matter compared to the gameplay.) Anyways, that is all.

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
Re: Simple (perhaps stupid) question.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:19:29 am »

Firstly, welcome to bay12! I hope you enjoy your stay...because you will never be leaving. :p

To answer your question, there is a page on the wiki (here) that lists some graphics packs. That page has links to downloads and the forum threads. I believe the most popular and widely used ones are Phoebus and Ironhand.

Also, I suggest you try out the Lazy Newb Pack. It allows you to easily change settings like population cap, key bindings etc and comes with Phoebus and Ironhand pre-installed. It also has Dwarf Therapist (a utility to easily manage labours) and Stonesense, a 3D visualiser.

And don't feel scared to ask questions either, we (generally) don't bite.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:24:55 am by Urist McPenguinhead »

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:58:06 am »

At the top of this very board is a link to the complete and utter newbie tutorial.  Those at e great.  He describes using the mayday tile set, which is my favorite. 

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:31:24 pm »

At the top of this very board is a link to the complete and utter newbie tutorial.  Those at e great.  He describes using the mayday tile set, which is my favorite.

And the Phoebus that comes with the Lazy Newb Pack tool is very similar (as Mayday hasn't been updated in a while).