Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragon Age: The Last Blight  (Read 2607 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dragon Age: The Last Blight
« on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:45 am »

╣╬╠ Dragon Age: The Blight ╣╬╠

After a hundred years of peace Thedas faces a great danger once more, a new Archdemon has risen and with it a new Blight has fallen upon the land. This time though Thedas will make its stand without the Grey Wardens for they were lost forty years ago, and with them the the secrets of creating new Grey Wardens to take their place has disappeared. Before their disappearance rumors of a book containing all the knowledge of the Grey Wardens spread across the lands, in hopes to find this book before the Blight destroys the land the kingdoms have sent out settlers to make new cities, forge new trade routes, and maybe discover this book of legend. You are one such group sent out in these hopes, your chance of survival against the Darkspawn hordes are small, but if you manage to find this rumored tome then perhaps your people can throw off the Blight, if not then the end may be within your reach.

Description
Dragon Age: The Last Blight is a total conversion mod for DF that aims to convert the world of Dwarf Fortress into that of Dragon Age, or at least a possible future of that world. This mod will aim to add a large variety of the beings, items, plants, etc from Dragon Age into DF while making it slightly more challenging and all together more fleshed out. It will house four different playable races (Humans of Ferelden, Dwarves of Orzammar, The Dalish Elves, and The Qunari) with only two hostile civs (The Darkspawn, and Bandits).

Even with only two hostile civs there will be plenty of challenge with 2 Mega Beast, 3 Semi-Mega Beasts, and a dozen currently planned creatures to go into the world it'll be deadly to those unprepared. You'll be able to mine rare ores and the like such as Veridium, Dragonbone, and Lyrium for use in everything from armor to Magic Tomes that can be used to create mages. There is also a large chunk of planned adventure mode changes for you all to enjoy.

Modding Crew:
adwarf - Idea's Guy/Thread Manager
fred1248 - Head Modder
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:12:40 pm by adwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Dragon Age: The Last Blight
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 01:33:32 am »

Posting to watch, as for some complex stuff I may be able to assist with. But it is late, So I will give you some feed back 2mrrow *ahem* later today after work.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 05:03:34 am »

This mod is probably not developed anymore, and I'm currently trying to work on something quite similar. I'm not going to accurately replicate every aspects of DA world, instead I'll try my best to re-interpret the races, cultures, and things that matter into DF world without making it feel too foreign. I'll post whenever I come up with something, and eventually make a new thread.

Currently working on the Kossith creatures. After that, I'll work on Qunari and Tal-Vashoth civ.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 05:59:29 am »

This mod is probably not developed anymore, and I'm currently trying to work on something quite similar. I'm not going to accurately replicate every aspects of DA world, instead I'll try my best to re-interpret the races, cultures, and things that matter into DF world without making it feel too foreign. I'll post whenever I come up with something, and eventually make a new thread.

Currently working on the Kossith creatures. After that, I'll work on Qunari and Tal-Vashoth civ.
School, and IRL matters have been interfering with me doing anything related to this, but if your taking over I can contribute some stuff I manage to get done from time to time to help this thing along :)

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:30:51 am »

Oh, I thought you completely abandoned the mod like all the other unmotivated modders who make grand claims about what they can / have modded and make fancy long thread about it, yet doesn't actually finish or upload the mod they are working on.

Now that I know that the mod is not 100% dead(which means it's still very much salvageable), and you are still able, and very much willing to get this mod up and running. I should say, good. Honestly I was baffled by the fact that there was unimaginable amount of work to be done, and I'm not exactly the most talented modder in town. I have experience in modifying entity files, reactions, items and such along with very basic stuff, but possess very little knowledge about tempering with creature files. The Kossith race I'm working on right now... is almost complete, I just have to figure out how to remove eyebrows from males and give them to females. Due to my... very limited knowledge about this matter, it was quite messy, but very interesting.

Anyways, I'm glad that you are not gone, and drop me a pm or something, I think we have to discuss about the future of this mod.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:02:12 pm »

Posting to watch, and assist with modding.  :D