Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Top Hat  (Read 2566 times)

FatherLatour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Top Hat
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 02:27:13 am »

By irl you mean in-game, right, because I'm pretty sure that I can't store an infinite number of objects in a constrained space.
You can, but it tends to collapse in on itself and start drawing other things into the singularity...
Agh. >_< My pet peeve is use of the term "Singularity" that is ambiguous between it's traditional mathematical use, and it's co-opted use in astrophysics that tends to conflate ideas from the "Black Hole" theory and the "Big Bang" theory.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 11:20:03 am »

By irl you mean in-game, right, because I'm pretty sure that I can't store an infinite number of objects in a constrained space.
You can, but it tends to collapse in on itself and start drawing other things into the singularity...
Agh. >_< My pet peeve is use of the term "Singularity" that is ambiguous between it's traditional mathematical use, and it's co-opted use in astrophysics that tends to conflate ideas from the "Black Hole" theory and the "Big Bang" theory.

What is the traditional use? I am somewhat curious now.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 11:30:29 am »

What is the traditional use? I am somewhat curious now.
A point with no dimensions, the structure some believe is at the middle of a black hole. I'm a bit fuzzy on how accepted that is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 02:25:21 pm »

Thanks
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

untakenusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »

The first that makes sense.
Makes sense on how to build or how it would work IRL?
Irl
Well, the watergun would essentially act like firehoses IRL, except the delivery method is slightly different.
The method used would just create a big pool of water and maybe knock you over, not strike you like a liquid boulder.
I dunno about that, There is a special type of shotgun shell IRL (forgot most details though) that uses water instead of lead. It carries the same force at point blank and is designed so that there is no ricochet since the water loses it's lethal power quickly. I believe it's used to destroy locks...
Pages: 1 [2]