Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with burrow?  (Read 1055 times)

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with burrow?
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:28:35 am »

I've set up a burrow let me atom smash a vampire I've put him and only him into the burrow.
but when i set an alert to send him to the burrow the entire fortress goes there
can someone tell how to send just on dwarf into a burrow the wiki wasn't helpful on this

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Help with burrow?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 12:33:20 am »

Go to the burro(w) menu, hit (c), scroll to the dwarf's name and hit enter. If you ever want to unassign him from the burrow just come back to the same spot and deselect his name.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:01:20 am »

You only use alerts to send dwarves to a burrow they aren't normally in.  I think that's the bit you are missing.

Note:  an easy trick is to burrow the children in the alert burrow :). They won't go running out of the city gates as soon as you activate the alert anymore!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »

You only use alerts to send dwarves to a burrow they aren't normally in.  I think that's the bit you are missing.anymore!
The problem here is more that he is trying to only smash the vampire, and civilian alerts send all dwarves to the atom smashing zone.

If he isn't going there after you have assigned him to the burrow, just wait a while and he should go over there.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 06:28:39 pm »

Or put him into a squad and order him to go there.
Or use the vampire.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 10:01:26 pm »

Since this thread is about burrows i figured i might as well ask here. Its a bit difficult to explain but i'll try my best.

Alright so basically i have 2 burrows Burrow1 and Burrow2. I want the elders to go to burrow1 and everyone else to burrow2 when i put an alert. Is that possible? If so how?

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 06:12:51 pm »

Atazs: You can't have that happen during an alert. You can, however, assign the dwarves to those burrows normally in the burrow menu but then, they will always go there.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 06:30:28 pm »

Alright so basically i have 2 burrows Burrow1 and Burrow2. I want the elders to go to burrow1 and everyone else to burrow2 when i put an alert. Is that possible? If so how?

I believe the only way you can do this is to put the elders into a military squad, and have that squad perform a "defend burrow" action when you trigger your alert.  The civilians could be assigned to a different burrow.

The drawback is that the elders will become active military dwarves when you do this.  That probably isn't what you want (but hey, maybe...).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz