Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: dwarves will want to go to jail  (Read 1714 times)

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarves will want to go to jail
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 11:18:45 am »

I just got this:
Manthultenshed

This is an adamantine chain. All crafdwarfship is of the highest quality. Is decorated with nether-cap and encricled with bands of adamantine.
This object is adorned with hanging rings of native gold and menaces with spikes of native gold. n the item is an image of a gem in native
gold. On the item is an image of a titan in tunnel-tube.

834000 Urists.

I still don't know what i will do with it.

Prisoner will get orgasm, then die because instant happiness.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:20:25 am by Volfgarix »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 11:23:33 am »

I just got this:
Manthultenshed

This is an adamantine chain. All crafdwarfship is of the highest quality. Is decorated with nether-cap and encricled with bands of adamantine.
This object is adorned with hanging rings of native gold and menaces with spikes of native gold. n the item is an image of a gem in native
gold. On the item is an image of a titan in tunnel-tube.

834000 Urists.

I still don't know what i will do with it.

That chain is cool. Literally, thanks to the nether-cap.

Personally, I usually make some 3x3 rooms designated from ropes ASAP, in the dining room/statue garden. Put a bed, a table and a chair in it. Maybe even a statue or a gem window- which raises the question: how close the dwarves have to be to an object to admire it? What other conditions are there for admiring? For example, is it only possible if the dwarf is No Job or On Break?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 09:30:38 pm »

What's the range on a dwarf getting a good thought from seeing something like a table / chair / bed / chain?  Do they have to walk across that tile or just near it?

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 11:04:49 pm »

Build a well with it and use some masterfully crafted and encrusted bucket and mechanism. The value gain is completely insane (and might kill you due to getting bigger sieges ^^)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 03:15:09 am »

Build a well with it and use some masterfully crafted and encrusted bucket and mechanism. The value gain is completely insane (and might kill you due to getting bigger sieges ^^)

Actually, i already have an artifact mechanism worth 200k in my well. Then  again, i think i will deconstrut it and build a new one
with the chain, hte mechanism and  the emerald encrusted aluminum bucket.

(Fun fact: Well have a quality multiplirer, based in the mason and the architect skill, with a max of 24. So i can make a 25 million well)

Sieges are not a problem right now. They just get killed by the zombie horde outside (400 now).
The zombies themselves are imposible to get rid off, but i have grown accostummed to them. When migrants or merchants arrive, i just send  the champions outside to distract them.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability
Pages: 1 [2]