Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how do i keep my dwarves equiped with gear  (Read 666 times)

spoony

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
how do i keep my dwarves equiped with gear
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:50:31 am »

ok i have a milita fully equipped however whenever an order is finished or cancelled they drop their gear genrally on the floor outside, and so this causes major issues in big fights with dwarves charging in unarmed or waddling off for 5 minutes to get their gear i was wondering how do  i keep my milita equipped with their armour and weapons constantly, or if its even possible to make sure all my dwarves get equipped with some sort of gear and how to do this

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
Re: how do i keep my dwarves equiped with gear
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:39:28 am »

It is possible, if a little confusing. Go to the schedule portion of the military menu screens, and there is a toggle for off-duty uniform. If it says inactive : civ clothing, change it to say inactive : uniformed. I've found that for some reason, my recent fortresses have civ clothing as the default.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 11:43:23 am »

Its better if you keep your dwarfs always active and training. Just make sure that they got enough bling to make them happy.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 12:27:32 pm »

Also a mist generator over a statue garden w/ one higher valued metal statue at its center surrounded by 2 or more stone statues will give them super happy moods.