Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do tools have any use?  (Read 1132 times)

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do tools have any use?
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:37:48 pm »

I'm referring, in particular, to stuff like boning knives, mortars and that stuff.

Are they around in Dwarf mode simply for flavour?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Do tools have any use?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 01:54:55 pm »

Knives make good weapons.
And since they only occur in adventure mode, this may be the wrong subforum.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 03:40:15 pm »

'DF Gameplay Questions' doesn't necessarily just mean dwarf mode.

Anyway, most of the tools seen in Dwarf Mode do each have a use, but you shouldn't see things like mortars and boning knives. Carving knives are in dwarf mode, I believe, but not the other knives.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 04:20:46 pm »

Melt them down.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 05:04:11 pm »

Anyway, most of the tools seen in Dwarf Mode do each have a use, but you shouldn't see things like mortars and boning knives. Carving knives are in dwarf mode, I believe, but not the other knives.
I thougght it was one of the Dwarf Mode Discussion threads I had open, and he specifically noted that the knives and mortars are the ones he was speaking of. I have never seen a carving knife in Fortress Mode.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 11:59:33 pm »

I thougght it was one of the Dwarf Mode Discussion threads I had open, and he specifically noted that the knives and mortars are the ones he was speaking of. I have never seen a carving knife in Fortress Mode.
i do remember seeing knives in merchant inventories, and bought a copper mortar to melt.

I just wanted to know if all they were good for in Dwarf Mode was melting.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 06:11:32 am »

You could dump them on invaders somehow...
Sig