Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dropping Doors One Tile After Hauling?  (Read 391 times)

Majere

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dropping Doors One Tile After Hauling?
« on: September 09, 2012, 01:41:49 am »

My bookkeeper wasn't doing his job in his study, so I figured maybe the door wasn't placed very well (right next to a up/down stair). I figured I'd remove the door and a few others just for style. Unfortunately, the dwarves only carried the doors one block and then dropped them after deconstruction! I have a ton of idlers that should be hauling furniture, but none of them are grabbing the doors.

What gives?

Also first post! After trying 2-3 times to try and pick the game up, I finally sat down a few days ago and did the 16 page Utterly Newbie guide, and it was fantastic. This game is pretty neat :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:44:41 am by Majere »

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping Doors One Tile After Hauling?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:49:10 am »

Welcome to the forums!

Try to check if the path to your furniture stockpile isn't blocked (by a forbidden door or some badly fitting stairs or something like that), if the stockpile isn't full and if you have any burrows enabled that don't encompass the furniture stockpile.
Oh, and check if your doors aren't forbidden. Maybe you accidentally included them in a mass forbidding.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 06:29:11 am »

Idiot check: Do you have a furniture stockpile?

It's normal for everything used to make something to be scattered about near the construction site.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Majere

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 10:51:55 pm »

Yup. I had a furniture stockpile and a few custom piles for everything save stone, refuse, and corpses. Definitely didn't have any burrows enabled, haven't learned about them yet and kept away. I wasn't able to check if my doors were forbidden, because my fortress fell shortly thereafter.

Thanks for the help!

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 10:59:00 pm »

Hahahaha!

Well, welcome anyway, and enjoy your stay.  DF is the best.
I'm sure your next fort will be more *fun*.