Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan Question  (Read 393 times)

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravan Question
« on: September 09, 2012, 09:17:40 pm »

So, I have this idea for Wagon-Accessible indoor depot, and I'd like to have some feedback. (Will it work, basically.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Forgive me. I got a little creative with that pixelated paintbrush.

Anyway, there are two drawbridges. One that allows them to skip the trap hallways, and one that allows them to get into the fortress. The first is always up (Save for when they come to town with their wagons) and the later is always lowered. (Save for when they come to town with their pointy sticks and shiny clothes.) - I don't know if you can see either below the yellow brick road, though.

Both drawbridges are hooked up to different levers in some statue garden somewhere.

They follow the yellow brick road past these, and turn into the Trade Depot room. (Yes, that was an attempt to make a Trade Depot. I promise.)

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:46:27 pm by Ki11aGhost »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan Question
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:33:52 pm »

Wagons can't cross traps, so they'll already bypass that hallway, but otherwise great.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:35:03 pm »

Wagons can't cross traps, so they'll already bypass that hallway, but otherwise great.

Wagons always cross my cage traps just fine, had no clue about other traps though.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 09:39:04 pm »

That first drawbridge is there so that invaders and siegers can't make a beeline past my traps. I keep it up, and when merchants come, I lower it to let them in.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:45:17 pm by Ki11aGhost »