Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Level seeds always give same results?  (Read 472 times)

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
Level seeds always give same results?
« on: September 09, 2012, 09:54:56 am »

Hi there, I was just wondering if i can generate the same world again using the seeds and settings from 1st copy?

Ive been playing for a while in a cool area and want to possibly start with the area fresh again.  Is this possible at all or is there some other way to undo all my changes to the site?

The area has a tall square volcano and the huge flat ground level is about 10 levels above the cave level and maybe 25-30 from the bottom.  Theres lots of area to build in the volcano since the lava pipe is thin and would be cool to cut an above ground fortress into.

Tho as is usually the case my layout hasnt worked and i have had enough of building coffins to get rid of all the ghosts left behind every time a siege comes smashing in.  I think i had 2 masons working flat out for 4 hours to clear up the mess hte last time.

SO is this at all possible or is there no way to undo my digging?  I could always make another site on opposite side of volcano but would prefer to have a huge site with this square tower in the middle and maybe sink a few holes into hell since its only a few layers away..

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Level seeds always give same results?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 10:46:51 am »

Use the seeds and the same raws and it will be identical.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.