Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: the most dangerous type of lycanthrope  (Read 2964 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: the most dangerous type of lycanthrope
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 03:46:36 pm »

Supposedly, thirst and hunger get cured by transformations, and werebeasts transform often enough to avoid death by either.
Yes and yes, but they'll still want to drink and eat and charge :P

Being caught after transformation in battle is the worst case scenario I can think of. Then again, there's not like to be anything alive after an Elite Wrestler were-creature takes to the field, and even then it's still a naked elite wrestler.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 04:28:08 pm »

Supposedly, thirst and hunger get cured by transformations, and werebeasts transform often enough to avoid death by either.

Being caught after transformation in battle is the worst case scenario I can think of. Then again, there's not like to be anything alive after an Elite Wrestler were-creature takes to the field, and even then it's still a naked elite wrestler.

I'd just lock up the werebeast somewhere. More resistant against injury, less against age...I'd say it'd be a great craftsdwarf, just have stuff dumped to it and have it dump stuff back down.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 04:37:11 pm »

I'd just lock up the werebeast somewhere. More resistant against injury, less against age...I'd say it'd be a great craftsdwarf, just have stuff dumped to it and have it dump stuff back down.

I never had success with such setups - when they go nuts they break down their workshops and it requires some micromanagement to have them rebuild or stop them from destroying it they flip back to dwarf before they're done. Once I tried exiling a wereskunk or something to the caverns with a pick in order to seal the complete cavern layer but i got bored and forgot about him, and then a croc had him.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 04:41:12 pm »

1. Unless faced with x metal, which you have no real way of finding out sadly. However a were-creature armoured in the material it is weak against would ironically be near indestructible, till the full moon at least. That would make a good movie plot, where the pro/antagonist has to wait for the full moon before engaging the big bad in 1vs1 battle.

2. Nanomage summed it up pretty well. If you want an immortal craftsdwarf choose a vampire. Were-creatures don't age sure, but they're better working in the firing line.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 09:15:37 pm »

i had a were-llama  :'( going to miss thise 59 cats who saved my fortress

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 09:31:36 pm »

I never had success with such setups - when they go nuts they break down their workshops and it requires some micromanagement to have them rebuild or stop them from destroying it they flip back to dwarf before they're done. Once I tried exiling a wereskunk or something to the caverns with a pick in order to seal the complete cavern layer but i got bored and forgot about him, and then a croc had him.
There's your problem. Lock them in a room with a hole in the top for supplies, a workshop, and a hole in the bottom to chuck stuff down.

1. Unless faced with x metal, which you have no real way of finding out sadly. However a were-creature armoured in the material it is weak against would ironically be near indestructible, till the full moon at least. That would make a good movie plot, where the pro/antagonist has to wait for the full moon before engaging the big bad in 1vs1 battle.
That would be an awesome plot.

2. Nanomage summed it up pretty well. If you want an immortal craftsdwarf choose a vampire. Were-creatures don't age sure, but they're better working in the firing line.
I take what I can get, and vampires still need booze. I dunno if weres slow down after a while...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]