Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lazy Newb pack... Whats so special about it?  (Read 3901 times)

Trickman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb pack... Whats so special about it?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 10:15:46 am »

That being said, If you just download your favourite graphics pack and then Dwarf Therapist, are probably 80% of the way there in terms of fundamentally important additions.
Bullshit. The only reason I keep playing DF is because I can quickfort all the rooms. Those were a pain in the ass to make after my second fortress.

Soundsense is also very handy, especially at those times where you get a cascade of cancellations because they ran out of charcoal at the smelters/forges and you don't get to see the important messages.

I've been playing for over a year now, and I wouldn't take a single feature out of your pack, sir (well, probably Stonesense, but hell, it's still cool for show).
This is a plain text forum signature. All typedwarfship is of the finest quality. It menaces with sentences of plain text.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 02:25:34 pm »

I think it'd be nice if it offered the default ASCII as an option instead of a graphics pack, but anyone who'd prefer the ASCII would probably be willing to go and do all the stuff in i2amroy's block paragraph of doom...

It does have the ASCII as an option! In fact, by default its in ASCII mode and you need to choose a graphics pack before one applies.

That being said, If you just download your favourite graphics pack and then Dwarf Therapist, are probably 80% of the way there in terms of fundamentally important additions.
I've been playing for over a year now, and I wouldn't take a single feature out of your pack, sir (well, probably Stonesense, but hell, it's still cool for show).

Why thank you!  :D
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 02:49:08 pm »

It does have the ASCII as an option! In fact, by default its in ASCII mode and you need to choose a graphics pack before one applies.
Huh. That's pretty neat, I thought it was all graphics. Ah well, maybe next major release. I already have most of the helper programs installed separately.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]