Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: this might get me banned...... Is it feasible for this thing to get to 1.0 and h  (Read 6152 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Well, the goblin girl/modding and gouging thing is one nooodle incident - what are the others?
Obsidian vegetableclown

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Mind sharing a link? Via PM if you need to ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm sorry, but you have to be a part of the Obsidian vegetableclown appreciation society to attain a copy.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

I'm sorry, but you have to be a part of the Obsidian vegetableclown appreciation society to attain a copy.
Make an exception? I'd appreciate that :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could that be related to plump helmet men?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^^ This.  I may well be lolling over it many times today!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

What about the Urist Blooddrinker story or the thread about the nsfw slave elf fortress? Are these tales also under interdiction by the society?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

I laughed.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

Well to sorta go back on topic, I think ToadyOne said in an interview that there was 400k semi colons in the source.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Derail topic: Another one would've been the Doom of VN. And the Pony Incident. We don't talk about those anymore.

On topic: Take a look at the size of the EXE. That usually gives you a reasonable estimate as to the size of the code.

34.11's EXE is 9.18MB. Assuming that's all code, and no other assets are stored within the exe (images, whatnot), think of that as 9,180,000 characters. Assuming most strings and code snippets vary from 4 - 8 bytes in size, judging by the average length of words (this is a layman's guess here, I'm afraid), that indicates that Toady's put between 2,295,000 words and 1,147,500 words in the source code.

Of course my estimate is probably wildly off, but think of it as this: A full length novel is likely to have a few hundred thousand words in it. DF's source code likely would span at least two or three full length novels, of just code.

That's not counting the DLLs, and other assets either.

Just a wild guess from a layman. :3

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

34.11's EXE is 9.18MB. Assuming that's all code, and no other assets are stored within the exe (images, whatnot), think of that as 9,180,000 characters. Assuming most strings and code snippets vary from 4 - 8 bytes in size, judging by the average length of words (this is a layman's guess here, I'm afraid), that indicates that Toady's put between 2,295,000 words and 1,147,500 words in the source code.

It doesn't really work that way with compiled code.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

It doesn't really work that way with compiled code.

(this is a layman's guess here, I'm afraid),
Pages: 1 [2]