Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removing paved roads?  (Read 6300 times)

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
Removing paved roads?
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:30:51 am »

Is there a way to remove a paved road? I made an archery range with a wooden paved road as the floor but I didn't realize I couldn't put archery targets on top of them X-x anyone able to help?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Removing paved roads?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:32:21 am »

q-x

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 02:36:02 am »

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:46 am »

Relevant derailment: do you guys ever have problems with paved roads disappearing? Every time I build a paved road it seems to disappear in a few years. I thought paved ones were permanent...
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 02:29:01 pm »

Relevant derailment: do you guys ever have problems with paved roads disappearing? Every time I build a paved road it seems to disappear in a few years. I thought paved ones were permanent...
You sure it's not a dirt road or something melted the roads? It could be that roads get worn down like natural tile but I've never really seen that happen before

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 02:44:52 pm »

You sure it's not a dirt road or something melted the roads? It could be that roads get worn down like natural tile but I've never really seen that happen before

Unless the game now requires materials to build dirt roads, then that's not it. And no, nothing melting them, I have temp off and don't play with magma anyway. No tantrums either, before anyone asks. And as far as I can tell they fall apart in the same order as they were built, with the same amount of time in between as the time between when they were finished. So they're acting like dirt roads even when paved.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 03:02:16 pm »

Unless the game now requires materials to build dirt roads, then that's not it. And no, nothing melting them, I have temp off and don't play with magma anyway. No tantrums either, before anyone asks. And as far as I can tell they fall apart in the same order as they were built, with the same amount of time in between as the time between when they were finished. So they're acting like dirt roads even when paved.

Freezing map? I've never had paved road break except from cave-in or ice melting ( And magma, but I don't put it down there :D ).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 03:05:54 pm »

Screen caps? You may have just discovered something :o