Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Prepared Bumblebee Brain  (Read 2582 times)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Prepared Bumblebee Brain
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 02:55:27 pm »

Yes, but tell me which would be more fun to play, a group of Fae/Fay/Your-Choice-Of-Spelling where you help whoever you happen to be hitching a free ride from, or ones who bend nature to their twisted and alien whims and engage in blessed kindness and abominable horrors?

[insert joke regarding Bay12 habits here]

So, business as usual? :D

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Prepared Bumblebee Brain
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 03:32:46 pm »

That's a loaded question.

Instead, I prefer to think of dwarves as the playable race, and others as flavor enhancers.

In that capacity, I want all kind of fey entities.  Imagine for a moment, that you can have "anti-kobold" like brownies scampering around cloaked in the fortress, randomly making **SOCKS**, or dare I say, even <<*SOCKS*>> (magical) out of pigtails when nobody is around or looking, but the moment you detect them, then all hell breaks loose. (All other still hidden brownies now act like gremlins, pulling levers, sabotaging machines, opening doors during a siege, etc. This would make having brownies in the fortress a mixed blessing, requiring a sudden change in gameplay to minimize risk of their official detection-- like killing all vermin hunters and indoor animals, and leaving workshops "supplied", but vacant for long periods of time.) I imagine a kind of covert coldwar between brownies and kobolds, with the dwarves oblivious to these happenings.

That in addition to hostile invaders that turn marksdwarves into pigs and other !!FUN!!.

That's the real reason I felt the need to point out that not all fey creatures are of the latter variety.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:49:50 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 [2]