Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to find dwarf vampire in empty "dwarf fortress" site  (Read 1540 times)

zuglar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to find dwarf vampire in empty "dwarf fortress" site
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »

So... I've been given a quest to kill Ducim Patterntomb, a dwarven vampire with 200+ kills. I followed the quest compass to the dwarf fort site where she supposedly lives, and there's nothing but a bunch of grass there. The wiki describes an underground dwarf fortress layout, but there's nothing at my site, no dwarves at all, let alone the pointy-toothed variety. Does this mean the vamp is lurking in some town and I have to find her by manual search, or am I missing something? I hope it's not manual search, because this site is way out in the boonies away from anything except some other empty dwarf sites....

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: How to find dwarf vampire in empty "dwarf fortress" site
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 12:43:38 am »

Unfortuanately, not even a manual search will turn up anything, right now, dwaren sites simply cease to exist, and people that live in them will not be able to be found, almost ever.

Luckily, Toady is working right now on all racial sites, so in the next release, we will have dwarf sites, until then, just find another quest.

Or you could retire, make a fortress, attract migrants until the vampire comes and sucks the blood out of someone, then abandon the fort and resume your adventure to cleanse the old fort site of the blood sucker.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread