Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: See that corpse in the moat? Thats your fault too! That miasma? Also your fault!  (Read 979 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

I got a problem with my fortress and I keep finding corpses of carp and dwarves in my moat... Problem: the moat is underground, so miasma can spread. Any idea other then waiting for it to decompose for it to stop preading miasma?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile

Magma? Draining it? Pretty much only ways I know of that'd either destroy the corpses or allow it to be retrived to dumped elsewhere :D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Floor over the moat, or build bridges over it, or something. Then wait.
Alternatively, expose the moat to the sun, then seal up anything that you need to.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always build my moats as double moats for this reason; a layer of bridges one z-level above the bottom acts as a miasma cap and lets me drain and retrieve useful things from the bottom, as well as flush it with magma to keep item count down.