Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Codelink: the multiplayer Uplink hacker browser game  (Read 17460 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Codelink: the multiplayer Uplink hacker browser game
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 05:46:19 pm »

I didn't in the last few days because of work, but should get some time this weekend.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 05:49:24 pm »

OP, the download version is better, unless you need to keep it inbrowser. (You can change the UI skin, fullscreen, other nifty things).

Otherwise, nice to see we finally have a thread for this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 06:52:46 pm »

I tried this out earlier.
It's a fun concept, but from what I played, it's painfully slow paced.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 08:21:04 pm »

OP, the download version is better, unless you need to keep it inbrowser. (You can change the UI skin, fullscreen, other nifty things).

Link added to OP.

it's painfully slow paced.

...kind, of yeah. I didn't realize how grindy the game was until I checked the mission spoiler and saw that there are places where you basically have to grind 20+ missions to unlock the ability to do the exact same missions you've been doing, except you have to click on a different fileserver.

I do like the game, but the pace at which new mission types are unlocked seems crazy slow. Spoke with the developer about it and he seemed to think it was possible to grind out 7 levels in about an hour. I'm not sure that's realistic doing only one mission at a time, and it takes probably 60-70 missions just to unlock the ability to do 2 missions at a time.

So, yeah. Unlocking things is slow.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:30:19 pm by LordBucket »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 05:51:12 pm »

This is kind of ridiculous.

I've tried to make an account for the game, and it did so, but when I try putting my username and password and logging in, it won't let me, something about ERROR: No matching account.

I'm using the correct password, hell, I can go onto the 'new' account tab and see it there still.
I need to put something interesting here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 05:53:09 pm »

Probably a database problem, those have been happening recently.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2013, 09:07:08 pm »

Played this for the last 2 days, got to level 5. Not bad. Contact me ingame, name is Werty, and I hang out in the public chat a bit.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 11:16:45 pm »

Sorry for double post, but a group of guys in the pub chat brought down Momo's software shop. This is the hardest place in the game and has not been done. I was there, check it out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Screenshot from mine.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2013, 07:43:47 am »

haha, oh shit.

ron paul image macros would be appropriate. has anyone figured out if we can manually edit the stuff that's displayed on servers? the main page i mean

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 08:03:10 am »

No, its been done before. THere was a thing in the change notes about it last week.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 08:31:31 am »

has anyone figured out if we can manually edit the stuff that's displayed on servers? the main page i mean

I've neither done it nor seen it done, but the dev said that defacing server webpages was possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3]