Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Massive lag in monster lairs  (Read 729 times)

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Massive lag in monster lairs
« on: September 17, 2012, 10:12:23 am »

So i'm on my newly generated monster island (this time with wanderers friend mod)
and whenever i get close to a lair my fps just go right into the single digits.
what might be the cause of this?

i also already killed 13 Ettins from that one lair and i know that there are more, haven't been more than 15 steps into the lair.
maybe there are just too many creatures
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

Jahsg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Massive lag in monster lairs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 04:42:19 am »

Its the leather beast.... run

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:51:25 am »

what?

its not that the game is just slow, i take one step and df just goes unresponsive for 20 to 30 seconds, no clue whats wrong
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

BillyTheKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:44:02 am »

YOU ARE IN DANGER OF THE LEATHER BEAST! YOU MUST RUN AND ESCAPE WITH YOUR LIFE QUICKLY!

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 09:12:09 am »

hm yes i have indeed come across several jabberer and voracious cave crawler leather items out in the desert...can anything be done to salvage the save?
when i get far enough away from the lair i can move easily and other lars have a lesser impact on responsiveness(might just be the hydras eating random wildlife)

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 06:26:20 am »

My game responds the same way in heavily populated cities due to so many creatures making movement

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 07:19:36 am »

well yeah, but there are like 2500 historical figures on the entire island... cant be that many in one lair.
i don't know the total creature population because aparently worlds without civs crash legends viewer (and worldviewer)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 12:48:15 pm »

There's a bug with monster lairs that randomly spawns leather bits and lags the hell out of the game in Adv. mode. I think it has something to do with underground civs and their leather supplies.