Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I don't think I can fight this Werebeast with a straight face. (Added reply)  (Read 1199 times)

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:06:47 am by sadron »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

That's not a titan, that's a werebeast.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile

Well this has been a very odd fortress. Every titan/forgotten beast thus far we have never had to fight. The first one? Swam through the caldera of the volcano we smelt items on and died. The forgotten beast down in the caves? Killed by ratmen that it spawned right next to. The werebeast I just mentioned here? It.... left >.> I think it tried chasing one of my dwarves and just went offscreen.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something happened to my were...skink.

Killed a dorf outright then vanished into the mists from whence it came.

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pffft.  It doesn't even have only one eye. 

(points to sig)  Now that's an ass worthy of being unable to keep a straight face. 

(Hoping to get one-upped with something even more outrageous.  Come on, I know you have them, even if you've posted them before.)

christehchris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My first werebeast was a wereass, I couldn't stop laughing.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile

If you guys saw what I said earlier, what stinks is I haven't gotten to fight ANY of them. They all ended up dying or just flat out disappearing. As I said one died because it was stupid enough to swim through lava (I had every entrance sealed off except for an OPEN bridge-gate on the east side and the caldera of the volcano where we smelt things), another one died next to a ratmen group and this one just flat out despawned by going offscreen or something.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Werebeasts have a quite limited time under the full moon before they convert back to human/dwarf/elf form. Once that happens, they run offscreen at a kobold-rate sprint.

And, don't worry. More beasts will come.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile

Well that probably explains why it disappeared.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile

You people need to take asses more seriously. Asses kill cougars. Really, Google it.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile

I bet that my ass is scruffier.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: cropped the picture since it was a tad bit too large.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:20:16 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist